Interested in Joining the Thompsons Africa Family?
At Thompsons Africa, we are passionate about holidays and service. Throughout our years of history, our staff's dedication and commitment have helped us become one of the market leaders in the travel industry.
As an innovative and expanding business we require our staff to be creative and adaptable while remaining focused on delivering the high level of service our customers have come to expect. In return, you'll get to work in a culture that is fun and dynamic whilst sharing in the many benefits of working for a world-reknowned Destination Management Company.
If you would like to work for Thompsons Africa and have a passion for a career in travel, then please browse the current travel vacancies below. If you don't find anything that is a fit for you, email us your CV. We will keep it on file and let you know when any suitable positions become available.
All enquiries and CV's can be sent to Adele Saunders - People Services and Development Manager on email email@example.com.
FIT Reservations Consultant (Travel Corporation North America Team – Durban)
An exciting opportunity has become available! We have started our search and are calling on suitable, interested individuals to apply for the position of: FIT Reservations Consultant (Travel Corporation North America Team – Durban) The overall responsibility of the Reservations Consultant is to provide high quality quotations and the subsequent travel arrangements to our customer, with the focus on service excellence; promotion of sales; and the delivery of unforgettable experiences to our customer and guests.
- Build and maintain and excellent relationships with the customer – understand, identify and fulfil their requirements and exceed their expectations.
- Operate in a sales minded way; focussing on ‘closing the deal’ by offering alternatives, descriptions and exceptional experiences
- Ensure guests have an exceptional experience whilst in our care
- Operate FIT series when needed
- Manage profit margins by using preferred suppliers and best available deals and rates – negotiate to increase margin where appropriate.
- Focus on quality and attention to detail – avoid errors and profit adjustments by using the tools to your disposal, including but not limited to checking profit reports, reconfirming services, checking confirmation against quotes as well as using tasks in Travel Studio.
- Efforts to increase quote conversation – constantly follow up with your customer on bookings not converted.
- Swift and professional resolution of customer complaints and / or queries.
- Fulfil emergency duty and work late shifts as required on a rotational basis
- Resolve account queries within deadlines set by the Accounts Department. Non debtors to be invoiced and debtor statements to be attended to timeously.