Interested in Joining the Thompsons Africa Family?
At Thompsons Africa, we are passionate about holidays and service. Throughout our years of history, our staff's dedication and commitment have helped us become one of the market leaders in the travel industry.
As an innovative and expanding business we require our staff to be creative and adaptable while remaining focused on delivering the high level of service our customers have come to expect. In return, you'll get to work in a culture that is fun and dynamic whilst sharing in the many benefits of working for a world-reknowned Destination Management Company.
If you would like to work for Thompsons Africa and have a passion for a career in travel, then please browse the current travel vacancies below. If you don't find anything that is a fit for you, email us your CV. We will keep it on file and let you know when any suitable positions become available.
All enquiries and CV's can be sent to Adele Saunders - People Services and Development Manager on email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guest Service Officer – Cape Town International Airport
The Airport is abuzz!!! The crowd is thickening and the roar of the aircrafts landing and departing thunders through the terminals. Luggage trolleys! Check in counters! Passenger queues! Landside and airside! Airline crews! Flight arrival and departure monitors! Does any of the above resonate with you?
We are looking for a Guest Service Officer to join our team. BUT, we only want the best! Take a look at the below and if you think you are a match for most of these, then get in touch with us, soonest!
Customer Travel Consultant (Customer Travel Team – Durban)
The overall responsibility of the Customer Travel Consultant is to provide the highest quality travel arrangements for our internal customers (Thompsons Africa’s employees) as well as external customers (Thompsons Africa’s customers).
- Provide the best and most memorable Educational Tours to our external customers; demonstrating a thorough understanding of their needs;
- Ensure that travel arrangements you provide take maximum advantage of opportunities presented per customer by using your knowledge; information on markets and consideration for travel trends;
- Smooth, timeous and efficient delivery of top quality and beneficial familiarisation trips, site inspection tours and itineraries to our internal customers (Thompsons Africa Employees);
- Smooth, timeous and efficient delivery of personal holiday travel for our external customers and employees;
- Accurate costings (Group and FIT bookings);
- Effort where possible to ensure bookings can make a profit without jeopardising the relationship with the customer and / or suppliers
- Adhere to systems and policies in respect of accounts and quality control;
- Ensure account queries are resolved within the deadlines set and debtor statements are attended to timeously.
- Establish and maintain respectful, positive, confident and effective communication and relationships with people at all levels, both internal (employees) and external (suppliers and customers) and ensure that you deliver what you promise.