Interested in Joining the Thompsons Africa Family?
At Thompsons Africa, we are passionate about holidays and service. Throughout our years of history, our staff's dedication and commitment have helped us become one of the market leaders in the travel industry.
As an innovative and expanding business we require our staff to be creative and adaptable while remaining focused on delivering the high level of service our customers have come to expect. In return, you'll get to work in a culture that is fun and dynamic whilst sharing in the many benefits of working for a world-reknowned Destination Management Company.
If you would like to work for Thompsons Africa and have a passion for a career in travel, then please browse the current travel vacancies below. If you don't find anything that is a fit for you, email us your CV. We will keep it on file and let you know when any suitable positions become available.
All enquiries and CV's can be sent to Adele Saunders - People Services and Development Manager on email email@example.com.
Head of Operations - Thompsons Africa
A position has become available at Thompsons Africa for a Head of Operations who will, once the successful applicant has proven their ability, become the CEO of Operations. OVERALL OBJECTIVE To work together with the CEO to maintain and improve the Thompsons Africa business by retaining the culture and values of the business in its relationship with customers, employees and suppliers. JOB BRIEF The Head of Operations will oversee Thompsons Africa’s operations. The Head of Operations (HO) will be the company’s second-in-command reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). On achievement of the goals as set out for the position, the candidate would in due course take over the running of the operations and report jointly with the current CEO to the Group CEO. The HO will maintain control over diverse business operations, so we require an experienced and efficient leader, with excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics. The goal of the HO position is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth. To manage the business in a changing environment dealing with changes in technology, specifically in our choice of our systems, customer buying patterns, increased choice of product and competition, the effect of the web on business (e.g. Trip Advisor, GTA).
- Leadership, interpersonal skills, high level of emotional intelligence
- Knowledge of operations in the tourism field
- A keen eye for detail
- The ability to make fast decisions that are at the same time well thought out and not ‘from the hip’; that are in the best interest of the company and the customer equally
- Financial management intelligence at a reasonable level
- The ability to work between all disciplines of the business
- Sales strength – to fulfill hosting and back up to the sales department
The position will work closely with the CEO, working through the key elements of operating an inbound business with all its various aspects and getting the complete backing of all operations players.
The operations departments are located in Durban and Cape Town with field offices in Victoria Falls, Livingstone, Kasane, Johannesburg, Hluhluwe, St Lucia, Hazyview, Port Elizabeth, Cape Town and Windhoek.
GROUP SERIES PROPOSALS & PROCUREMENT CONSULTANT (DURBAN)
We are recruiting for a Group Series Proposals & Procurement Consultant to join our Group Series Proposals & Procurement team based in Durban.
- Collating innovative and creative Group Series Proposals in terms of adding quality and value; resulting in excellent guest experiences – know our product and match product to customer needs.
- Verify details using external sources such as TripAdvisor and HolidayCheck.
- Quality ownership for all group series in terms of the hotels, travel distances and what hotels have on offer for guests as optional excursions, added speciality product or delights.
- Seeking out opportunity to increase the bottom line.
- Closely collaborating with Sales, Reservations & Systems – engaging in regular conversation to make team decisions on profitable product to utilise in Group Series Proposals.
- Securing of product in line with market requirements and ensuring all room stock is held without incurring losses.
- Dynamic management of personal workload and resources contributing to high team productivity.