Game Viewing Vehicles and Shuttle Service
We’ve already stamped our presence on three of Southern Africa’s prestigious game reserves. Thompsons Africa runs permanent operations, with trained and dedicated rangers and our own fleet of vehicles, in the Kruger National Park, Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Park and Chobe National Park, offering the best in game viewing in specially modified open safari vehicles. Our game viewing vehicles are designed especially for the task, and rest assured, it’s those little details in the vehicle which enhance the safari experience. The design of our vehicles is intended to maximize visibility, increase comfort, offer perfect photographic vantage points, and allow you to be as close to nature as possible, yet in as secure a manner as possible.
Thompsons Africa offers a daily shuttle service between Johannesburg and Hoedspruit. This is a cost effective option to transfer to the Kruger National Park.
Hoedspruit Shuttle - departs daily
Departure Times from Johannesburg:
- 06h30-07h30 from Johannesburg hotels within 5km of OR Tambo International Airport (Johannesburg)
- 06h45 from bus terminal building (at Magic Bus office) OR Tambo International Airport (Johannesburg)
- 10h45 from Bones Bush Pub (Timbavati Gate, Hoedspruit)
- 11h00 from Eastgate Airport (Hoedspruit)
- 11h15 from Kamogelo Tourism Centre (Hoedspruit)
- 11h30 from Balule’s Olifants West and York Gates (R40, north of Hoedspruit)
- 11h45 from Three Bridges Restaurant on the Olifants (R40, north of Hoedspruit)
- 12h00 from Karongwe/Makalali southern boom gate (R36, near Hoedspruit)
As the shuttle only arrives back in Johannesburg at approximately 18h00, we recommend that customers do not book any connecting flight earlier than 21h00 in Johannesburg on the same day.