Interested in Joining the Thompsons Africa Family?
At Thompsons Africa, we are passionate about holidays and service. Throughout our years of history, our staff's dedication and commitment have helped us become one of the market leaders in the travel industry.
As an innovative and expanding business we require our staff to be creative and adaptable while remaining focused on delivering the high level of service our customers have come to expect. In return, you'll get to work in a culture that is fun and dynamic whilst sharing in the many benefits of working for a world-reknowned Destination Management Company.
If you would like to work for Thompsons Africa and have a passion for a career in travel, then please browse the current travel vacancies below. If you don't find anything that is a fit for you, email us your CV. We will keep it on file and let you know when any suitable positions become available.
All enquiries and CV's can be sent to Adele Saunders - People Services and Development Manager on email email@example.com.
AD HOC GROUPS CONSULTANT (Ad hoc Groups Department – Durban Office)
The Ad Hoc Groups Consultant will be responsible for his / her ad hoc groups from start to finish: from the designing of itineraries; to quoting; booking; sourcing of suitable accommodation and services; and the operation of that ad hoc group.
· Understand the customer’s needs in terms of interests, needs, affordability / budget
· Quoting of all services as per the customer’s specific requirements within the required turnaround time
· Designing itineraries from “scratch” according to the customers’ budget, wants and needs
· Booking of all accommodation, services, guides etc.
· On-the-ground management of the groups
· Ensure smooth operations of the each group (sending rooming lists, reconfirming services, checking confirmations against quotes, using outlook calendar for diarising release dates etc.).
· Create opportunity for Thompsons Africa to earn additional income e.g. secondary buying, commissions and optional tours
· Resolve account queries within the period set out by the Accounts Department
· Resolve customer complaints swiftly and professionally
· Regular communication with the relevant Sales Key Account Manager to ensure they are kept abreast of any customer activity and / or challenges.