Interested in Joining the Thompsons Africa Family?
At Thompsons Africa, we are passionate about holidays and service. Throughout our years of history, our staff's dedication and commitment have helped us become one of the market leaders in the travel industry.
As an innovative and expanding business we require our staff to be creative and adaptable while remaining focused on delivering the high level of service our customers have come to expect. In return, you'll get to work in a culture that is fun and dynamic whilst sharing in the many benefits of working for a world-reknowned Destination Management Company.
If you would like to work for Thompsons Africa and have a passion for a career in travel, then please browse the current travel vacancies below. If you don't find anything that is a fit for you, email us your CV. We will keep it on file and let you know when any suitable positions become available.
All enquiries and CV's can be sent to Adele Saunders - People Services and Development Manager on email email@example.com.
Management Accountant (Accounts Department: Durban Office)
Key Responsibilities for this position includes but are not limited to: Management of: Sundry Debtors; Sundry Creditors; Guides Payroll; Intercompany balances; Fixed Asset Register; Costs (incl. variable and fixed expenditure); and general financial management of selected divisions. Management Accounts: Completion and management of the trial balance, all General Ledger reconciliations (incl. month end file) and the year end audit file. Preparation and completion of all monthly reporting within deadlines. Completion and submission of all statutory returns (including VAT and PAYE returns). Accounts Processes: Monitoring, controlling and improving accounting processes. Approval and release of sundry creditor payments and trade creditor payments. Ensuring all administration is up to date and that high levels of productivity is maintained. Schedule tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
Qualification & Experience: BCOM in Management Accounting – CIMA qualified. Minimum 4 years related experiences.
A passionate individual who has excellent knowledge and understanding of Accounting practices, processes and procedures
Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Oracle Experience highly preferable
Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
Excellent Time Management and ability to multi-task
Forward planning and creative thinking
Effective Communication (both verbal and written)
Excellent administrative skills
Excellent organisational skills
Excellent listening skills
Ability to create a motivated and organised working environment
Skilled at interacting with all levels of management and employees
AD HOC GROUPS CONSULTANT (Ad hoc Groups Department – Durban Office)
The Ad Hoc Groups Consultant will be responsible for his / her ad hoc groups from start to finish: from the designing of itineraries; to quoting; booking; sourcing of suitable accommodation and services; and the operation of that ad hoc group.
· Understand the customer’s needs in terms of interests, needs, affordability / budget
· Quoting of all services as per the customer’s specific requirements within the required turnaround time
· Designing itineraries from “scratch” according to the customers’ budget, wants and needs
· Booking of all accommodation, services, guides etc.
· On-the-ground management of the groups
· Ensure smooth operations of the each group (sending rooming lists, reconfirming services, checking confirmations against quotes, using outlook calendar for diarising release dates etc.).
· Create opportunity for Thompsons Africa to earn additional income e.g. secondary buying, commissions and optional tours
· Resolve account queries within the period set out by the Accounts Department
· Resolve customer complaints swiftly and professionally
· Regular communication with the relevant Sales Key Account Manager to ensure they are kept abreast of any customer activity and / or challenges.